dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

James Blunt Wins At Being A Loser

Nearly a year after going to #1 with "You're Beautiful," a riotous public took to last week's Chart Rigger poll to cast their vote and lynch James Blunt.

"You're Beautiful" was the clear winner of the "Which New Millenium Pop Song Do We Want The Master Tapes Lost For The Most" poll, garnering 21 votes out of 71 cast. Eight songs were up for the title, chosen in the most scientific manner which cannot be revealed. One thing I'll never understand, though: folks' reluctance to bash Coldplay.

That said, here is how the rest played out...

2. Usher "Yeah!" (11 votes)
3-4. Fergie "London Bridge"/Black Eyed Peas "My Humps" (10 votes)
5. Justin Timberlake "SexyBack" (9 votes)
6. Macy Gray "I Try" (5 votes)
7. The Streets "Fit But You Know It" (4 votes)
8. Coldplay "Clocks" (1 vote)

New poll up now in the sidebar.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    I actually don't hate "Yeah." Granted, you have to ignore the awful lyrics...and not think about all the people who are actually involved in the song...and avert your eyes from the absolutely ridiculous sights it lends itself to on the dancefloor...but it's fun. Sigh--and I thought I was managing to escape being overly influenced by my "peer group." Guess not. I sort of feel like Darin's "Step Up" is the pop version of "Yeah," which of course makes it loads better, but I do enjoy the original. Eep. The shame.

    Weird result about Coldplay though--I can't believe they only got one vote!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    James "Ryhymes With" Blunt... Number 1! Again! Hasn't he had enough success. It'll go to his head. Mark my words. He'll ditch his ordinary girlfriend and start dating supermodels...

    I deliberately pointed the finger of hate at Black Eyed Peas as they are obviously so keen to cross all musical divides and conquer all. This is them at their most desperate... their Weird Al comedy track for all the family. Heinous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home